Rachel Myrick’s first thought as she walked through the entrance to a Virginia LongHorn Steakhouse and felt a sharp pain in her left foot was that she’d been stung by a bee, or possibly a hornet. She tried to brush it off and keep going, but said that she felt such an excruciating pain as she took the next step that she dropped her cellphone, her wallet and her 13-year-old son’s hand. It wasn’t a bee that got her — she’d been bitten twice on her toes and once on the side of her foot by a roughly 8-inch-long copperhead that had managed to get into the restaurant’s foyer. It was still attached to her foot until she shook it loose. Myrick’s boyfriend quickly stomped on the snake to kill it and she was taken the hospital and administered antivenin.