_ Have you ever played Monopoly and had to deal with someone who wanted to cheat their way to a win? Have you ever done that? Hasbro conducted a study that found about half of players will attempt to cheat at Monopoly. So they bowed to the trend and designed a Monopoly edition that encourages cheating. It comes with a stack of 15 extra cards that direct you in an attempt to cheat your way around the board and collect more money. Some of the cheats include:
- Stealing money from the bank
- Placing a hotel on one of your pieces of property
- Removing a hotel from someone else’s property
- Taking an extra $100 in Monopoly money from the bank when you pass go.
- Moving another player’s token instead of your own on your turn.
- Giving someone less money than you owe them.
- Collecting rent for someone else’s property
If a player succeeds at any given task, they get rewarded. On the flip side, if they get caught, there are consequences. The back of the cheat cards list specific rewards and punishments for each cheat.