The third week of Dancing With the Stars: Athletes is over and we are now one week away from the finale, where the final three will compete.
This is a special abbreviated season of the hit ABC dancing competition series and it is only four weeks long. On the show this week, each athlete performed solo and then they battled against another contestant for the first-ever “ballroom battles.” The winner of each battle had two points added to their scores.
America voted live during the show and the votes were added to the judges scores to determine who was sent home. And each team gets a former DWTS athlete to help as a mentor. The judges also got some help, from Season 24 runner up David Ross.
At the end of the night it was a triple elimination. Here’s a rundown of the night’s dances, from highest to lowest:
- Adam Rippon - Contemporary, 39 out of 40; 2 extra points for ballroom battle
- Josh Norman - Contemporary, 36 out of 40; 2 extra points for ballroom battle
- Mirai Nagasu - Quickstep, 35 out of 40
- Chris Mazdzer - Foxtrot, 33 out of 40
- Tonya Harding - Rumba, 33 out of 40; 2 extra points or ballroom battle
- Jennie Finch Daigle - Viennese Waltz, 29 out of 40;
In a rapid fire elimination round, three couples were saved: Adam and Jenna, Tonya and Sasha, and Josh and Sharna. That meant Mirai, Jennie and Chris were sent home. The finals are next Monday, and each couple will perform twice in the quest for mirror ball glory.