Some towns in the Midwest are so desperate for skilled college graduates to fill jobs that they are paying people to relocate, offering things like free land or partially-paid rent. Part of the problem is that these kinds of workers are leaving rural areas to go to big cities. Some of the offers out there include:
- Grant County, Indiana, is offering recent college graduates $5,000 toward the down payment on a house, or payment of 20 percent of their rent.
- North Platte, Nebraska is offering $10,000 to relocate.
- Hamilton, Ohio offers $5,000 to help with student loans.
- St. Clair County, Michigan, recently raised its student-loan scholarships from $10,000 to $15,000 for students willing to relocate.
- Marne, Iowa, gives transplants a free piece of land on which they can build a home.
For more click HERE