NFL star Rashad Jennings (Jimmy Kimmel's pick to win) had us all in tears with a dance dedicated to his father, but the story is better told by him:
And Gold Medal Olympian Simone Biles' favorite year was the year she was adopted...by her grandparents. Lots of tears.
Though he was voted off tonight, Mr. T. drew the respect of the audience after the story leading up to tonight's dance.
Mr. T and Kim Herjavec were the third pair eliminated from Season 24 of Dancing With The Stars last night. Last week, Mr. T tied for the lowest score on “Vegas Night,” with Bonner Bolton and Charo, after earning 24 points for his foxtrot with Herjavec. It was Charo and her partner, Keo Motsepe, however, who ended up getting the boot. That allowed Mr. T to stick around for another week, and one of the season’s most special episodes to boot.
Last night’s theme was “My Most Memorable Year.” And Mr. T indicated the day before the live broadcast that he had something moving planned. He tweeted on Sunday, “Of all the Dances that I’ll ever do on DWTS. This One on Monday will be the Most Emotional! I Dedicate it to My Mother! This Song and this Dance is for My Dear Mother. Even though it was Emotional and Trying, I got through it. And it was a Good week. Because I didn’t Give Up nor did I Quit!” He did not disappoint.
Mr. T brought the audience and judges to tears with his emotional waltz. Reflecting on his cancer battle, Mr. T chose to dance to the tunes of “Amazing Grace.” The former A-Team star was diagnosed with T-cell lymphoma in 1995 and previously said, “that’s why I’m dancing.” Mr. T earned a 28/40 for his performance.
The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Erika Jayne and her pro partner Gleb Savchenko was the other couple in jeopardy. NFL running back Rashad Jennings and his partner Emma Slater topped the leader board with a 39/40. Here is a quick recap of “My Most Memorable Year” dances and scores:
- Normani Kordei’s most memorable year was 2012, the year that she joined Fifth Harmony. She and Valentin Chmerkovskiy danced the Rumba to “Impossible” by Shontelle and earned 32/40.
- Nick Viall’s most memorable year was 2016, the year that he met his fiancé Vanessa Grimaldi and found love on The Bachelor. He and Peta Murgatroyd danced the Rumba to “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran and earned 30/40.
- Nancy Kerrigan’s most memorable year was the year she became a mother. She and Artem Chigvintsev danced the Foxtrot to “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts and earned 33/40.
- Mr. T’s most memorable year was 1995, the year that he was diagnosed with cancer. He and Kym Herjavec danced the Waltz to “Amazing Grace” by Ray Chew Live and earned 28/40.
- Heather Morris’ most memorable year was 2015, the year that she got married to her husband Taylor. She and Alan Bersten [who was filling in for injured Maksim Chmerkovskiy] danced the Cha Cha to “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon and earned 35/40.
- David Ross’ most memorable year was 2016, his last year playing baseball and the Cubs won the world series. He and Lindsay Arnold danced the Viennese Waltz to “Forever Young” by Youth and earned 31/40.
- Rashad Jennings’ most memorable year was 2006 – the year he learned the true meaning of unconditional love, and gave up a college scholarship playing football to move back home to be with his ill father. He and Emma Slater danced Contemporary to “Unconditionally” by Katy Perry and earned 39/40.
- Erika Jayne’s most memorable year was 1989, the year she moved to New York City to become a star and get her big break. She and Gleb Savchenko danced the Cha Cha to “Express Yourself” by Madonna and earned 30/40.
- Simone Biles’ most memorable year was 2000, the year that she was adopted by her grandparents and taken out of foster care. She and Sasha Farber danced the Viennese Waltz to “Good Good Father” by Chris Tomlin and earned 36/40.
- Bonner Bolton’s most memorable year was 2016, the year that he broke his neck while bull-riding He went through months of physical therapy, and was temporarily paralyzed. He and Sharna Burgess danced the Foxtrot to “Feeling Good” by Michael Bublé and earned 32/40.