Is Richard Simmons ready for his close-up? After spending three years behind closed doors, it seems the beloved fitness guru may be ready to step back into the public eye.
Simmons headed to the hospital on Monday with severe indigestion, reigniting concerns fans have had for years about his well-being. Simmons posted a statement on Facebook in a bid to reassure fans.
- “Hello to everyone who has shown concern for me and sent their good wishes. You will never know how much it means to me. Aren’t you sick of hearing and reading about me?! LOL Well by now you know that I’m not ‘missing,’ just a little under the weather. I’m sure I will be feeling good and back home in a couple of days,” Simmons posted.
- He adds that he made the decision to seek help at the hospital himself, as previously reported.
- “I reached out and I hope you will too. I’m sure there are people in your life who love and care for you and would do anything to help you with the challenges you face. Just knowing you care has already made me feel better. Hope to see you again soon!”
- Some observers were quick to point out that the post raises questions as there is no proof that he wrote the message himself and that the photo he posted showing him smiling in a red hoodie appears to be from 2014.
- In March, Los Angeles police conducted a welfare check of Simmons’ home and reported that he was “perfectly fine and happy.”