The finale of The Voice Season 12 kicked off last night with the four finalists giving three performances each, all in pursuit of the winning title. Gwen Stefani did not have any artists in the finale.
Team Alicia’s Chris Blue, Team Adam’s Jesse Larson and Team Blake’s Aliyah Moulden and Lauren Duski all performed original songs never heard before, covers and a duet with their respective coaches.
The combination of guitar and voice has put Team Adam’s Jesse Larson in the finale. Last week’s instant save gave the Minnesota artist the fourth and final spot.
Emotions got the better of Team Blake’s Aliyah Moulden two weeks ago, but the 15-year-old Californian overcame them en route to becoming the show’s youngest ever finalist.
Michigan country singer Lauren Duski is Team Blake’s other finalist. Consistent all season, she topped the iTunes chart last week for the first time.
Range has been key for Team Alicia’s Chris Blue. His inspirational anthem last week hit No. 2 on iTunes.
The winner will be revealed on tomorrow night’s season finale. The performances last night:
- Aliyah Moulden (Team Blake): “Never Be Lonely” (Original)
- Jesse Larson (Team Adam): “Taking it to the Streets” by the Doobie Brothers
- Chris Blue and Alicia Keys: “Diamonds and Pearls” by Prince
- Lauren Duski (Team Blake): “The Dance” by Garth Brooks
- Aliyah Moulden and Blake Shelton: “Dancing in the Street” by Martha and the Vandellas
- Chris Blue (Team Alicia): “Money on You” (Original)
- Jesse Larson and Adam Levine: “Let’s Go Crazy” by Prince
- Lauren Duski and Blake Shelton: “There’s a Tear in My Beer” by Hank Williams
- Jesse Larson (Team Adam): “Woman” (written by Chris Stapleton)
- Aliyah Moulden (Team Blake): “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” by Stevie Wonder
- Lauren Duski (Team Blake): “Deja Vu” (Original)
- Chris Blue (Team Alicia): “Rhythm Nation” by Janet Jackson
I'm cheering for Lauren and Chris who are both phenomenal singers