Oprah Winfrey is adding another hyphenate to her name!
The actress-OWN Network founder-publisher-entrepreneur is finally ready to talk some more about the line of food products she has been working on.
- Winfrey first announced the planned line of ready-to-eat meals in January, but on Wednesday, she revealed the name: O, That’s Good.
- O will hit grocery stores this week. The Weight Watchers ambassador collaborated with Kraft Heinz on the line of nutritious refrigerated soups and side dishes, including mashed potatoes and cauliflower, creamy parmesan pasta with white bean puree and cheese and broccoli soup mixed with butternut squash.
- "It all started with the idea for the cauliflower mashed potatoes—the twist is really what sparked this whole idea," Winfrey tells USA Today. "I was sitting at my table in my own home and had whipped up some cauliflower, trying to make myself think I was eating mashed potatoes, but it was not working. So I thought, 'What if I used a portion of the mashed potatoes and added the cauliflower? Then, I would have a substantive mashed potato-cauli dish.'"
- The line doesn’t contain artificial flavors or coloring and is priced from $4.49 for sides and $4.99 for soups.
- Winfrey says the partnership just felt right, especially since it’s healthy and “authentic.”
- "I’ve been asked over the years to attach my name to many product lines and would turn them down, because it really has to feel authentic to me," Winfrey explains. "In this case, everyone knows I love healthy foods and cooking with food straight from my garden. I am always looking to make my meals more nutritious, without compromising on the comfort elements I love. Kraft Heinz approached me with a food line and they mentioned the idea of making nutritious food accessible to everyone, and I was hooked."
- Winfrey will also star in the ad campaign, set to launch October 2nd.