McKamey Manor — with locations in Summertown, Tennessee and Huntsville, Alabama — is likely the scariest haunted house on planet Earth. In fact, some people have dubbed it a real life torture chamber that shouldn’t even be in business. Why? Some requirements that you need to pass the screening process:
• They make you sign a 40 page waiver.
• You must get a “sports physical” and doctor’s letter stating you are physically and mentally cleared.
• Pass a background check.
• Pass a screening via Facebook, FaceTime or phone.
• Have proof of medical insurance.
• Pass a portable drug test on the day of the “tour.”
… Once you schedule your experience, you’ll partake in the horror fest that takes over 10 hours. If you complete the journey (and follow the rules they lay out such as no cursing, drinking, smoking, running, eating, or touching the actors or props) you can win $20,000.
… Nobody has ever finished.
… There is a massive Change.org petition to have the place shut down. Some have claimed they left with broken bones, bruises, were waterboarded and that founder Russ McKamey and company don’t adhere to the proposed safe word in a timely fashion