Cindi Soden works at Applebees, but when she heard some commotion at one of her tables, she was concerned. That's when she went into action.
The server at the Applebee's off Airport Road in Hanover Township, Lehigh County is now hailed a hero.
"The grandmother started screaming help, help, we need help," she said.
Cindi realized a young boy was choking on his food. Fortunately she'd been trained in the Heimlich maneuver.
"I didn't even think about it I just did it," she said.
A few abdominal thrusts from Cindi and the boy fortunately coughed up the food.
"Anyone would have done the same thing, especially a little boy who was choking," said Soden.
Mom returned later that night with a thank you gift of a gift card, signed by the boy whose life Soden saved.