- Beaufort County Schools - The Beaufort County School District will operate a half-day schedule of classes on Friday. Elementary schools will dismiss at 11:45 a.m., and K-8, middle and high schools will dismiss at 12:45 p.m. All school-related activities, including field trips and athletic events, are cancelled until further notice. Decisions on any school schedule changes next week will be made on Friday. Remember that information on schedule changes will always be available on the district’s website, Facebook page and Twitter feed.
- Effingham County Public Schools - The Effingham County School System will be CLOSED for all staff and students tomorrow, Friday, September 8th through Tuesday, September 12th. In addition, all school related activities are canceled effective tomorrow through Tuesday, September 12th.Please continue to follow this Facebook page as well as our district webpage for additional updates and helpful information.
- Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools: There will be no school Friday, Monday or Tuesday for Savannah-Chatham County Public School System students to allow our families time to make preparations for potentially dangerous conditions associated with Hurricane Irma. Only essential staff will be required to work on Friday and will be notified by his or her Supervisor. Please continue to monitor this page and SCCPSS.com for further notifications as conditions warrant.
- Savannah Technical College - In response to Hurricane Irma. The College’s primary concern is the safety of its faculty, staff and students, as they evacuate the area. The College will maintain regular contact with the Chatham Emergency Management Agency to monitor storm impacts and the safe return to the region. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to continue to monitor college email, text alerts, facebookand local media for updates and important information.College officials will continue to monitor developments with Hurricane Irma and will issue further updates as needed.Additional information will be available at www.savannahtech.edu/Emergency
- Georgia Southern University:
Georgia Southern University’s Statesboro campus will be closed and classes will be canceled through Wednesday, Sept. 13 and until further notice. Georgia Southern sponsored events are canceled through Wednesday, Sept. 13 and until further notice. Herty Advanced Materials Development Center and Coastal Georgia Center are closed through Wednesday, Sept. 13 and until further notice.We will continue to monitor campus conditions and travel issues across the state in an effort to ensure that our area is safe and our students are able to travel safely back to campus. We will provide any additional updates on the reopening of campus and classes through Eagle Alert. All updates are posted on GeorgiaSouthern.edu/alert.
- Liberty County Public Schools - Liberty County Schools closed through Wed. Sept. 13th due to Irma. Staff and students should plan to report back to work on Thursday, September 14th unless notified otherwise. The latest information will be posted to the Liberty County School System website as well as LCSS social media outlets.Thank you for your continued support
- Technical College of the Lowcountry - Due to the threat of Hurricane Irma, all TCL campuses will remain closed Monday & Tuesday, September 11 & 12. We expect to resume normal business operations and class schedules on Wednesday, September 13 but will continue to monitor the situation. Please continue to check www.tcl.edu/emergency for the latest information.
- Benedictine: Friday, September 8th, will be a half-day of school with dismissal at 12:33 p.m. with a grab-and-go lunch. School will be closed on Monday, Sept. 11.
- SCAD: The Savannah College of Art and Design has postponed the start of the Fall 2017 quarter due to the unpredictability of Major Hurricane Irma’s path. SCAD is postponing the start of classes for Savannah, Atlanta, and eLearning for one week.
- Armstrong State: Main campus in Savannah and the Liberty Center in Hinesville will close Thursday at 5 p.m. Residence halls will close Friday at 9 a.m. All residential students must leave campus as a precaution. The university will have transportation available to take residential students to a safe location. Classes will be canceled and campus will be closed Friday through Tuesday. All events canceled through Tuesday.
- Savannah State University: Classes will be canceled Friday through Tuesday. Residential students can begin to evacuate Thursday. All residential halls will close no later than Saturday morning. Campus will be closed from noon on Saturday through Tuesday.
- Urban Christian Academy: Closed all day Thursday, Friday, and Monday, along with the daycare center.
- Ash Tree Learning Center: Half day Thursday. Students will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m. No school Friday through Monday.
- Pediatric Associates of Savannah - OFFICES CLOSING...As a result of the Mandatory Evacuation for Hurricane Irma that goes into effect 8AM Saturday, we will be closing offices, for only our THIRD TIME since we opened our doors 365 days a year in 1971. On FRIDAY the 8th, Pooler and Whitemarsh offices will be CLOSED, and Waters Ave will be open in the morning for sick visits only, until 11AM. As of Saturday the 9th, ALL THREE OFFICES will be closed as long as the mandatory evacuation is in effect, which we expect to possibly be at least through Tuesday the 12th. All checkups for Friday, Monday, and Tuesday will be rescheduled as soon as possible, and we are reaching out to families now. We will reopen as soon as it is safe to do so, which will depend on the impact of Irma. Please keep your family safe and take your evacuation plans seriously-
- iHeart Media Savannah office closed on Friday, open TBD. Our radio stations will continue to air updated Hurricane and Recovery information. Please email any pertinent info you may have HERE, or post it on our facebook page. You may also try calling 912-947-1290.
- Fort Pulaski is closed indefinitely.
- Gulfstream: Savannah and Brunswick's facilities closed 9/8-9/10 in preparation for Hurricane Irma. Only personnel essential to hurricane preparedness will be asked to report.
- Southeastern Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Associates: CLOSED FRIDAY, MONDAY, and TUESDAY ( 9/8 – 9/12/17). If weather permits, we will reopen on Wednesday 09/13/17.
- AMBUCS Bowling League: closed Saturday
Mighty Eighth Museum Closure for Hurricane Irma -
(POOLER, GA) The National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force will be closing due to Hurricane Irma on Friday, September 8 at NOON. A date for reopening has not been decided yet and will depend on the circumstances surrounding the storm.
Reopening will be announced on the museum’s facebook page.
The 2017 Tunnel to Towers 5k Run & Walk Savannah has been canceled.
- HCSO Victim Advocate 3K Walk and Fun Day has been postponed due to the possible severe weather conditions associated with Hurricane Irma. The event will be rescheduled and announced at a later date.
- Pooler’s 2017 Patriot Weekend Festival is canceled.