Savannah Fire & Emergency Services is urging everyone who has lost power and still remains without power, to please turn off the circuit breakers to their homes. When the power comes on a surge can happen and overload a circuit, possibly causing a fire. Also in a rush to evacuate, items could have been left on or around heat sources that could also ignite once the power is restored. Once power is restored, be cautious in turning on electronics. Ensure things such as ovens and microwaves do not have objects on them or in them and check that they are in the off position. If you have gas in your home, check the pilot lights prior to use.