Sterling Rides (from Senior Citizens Inc) is a community at its best…neighbor helping neighbor! Each day, volunteer drivers transport older adults who can no longer drive to destinations within their community that will help the older adult meet their daily living needs. Trips can include:
- Medical appointments
- Shopping, including grocery stores and pharmacies
- Beauty appointments
- Veterinarian visits
Right now there are more than 50 Seniors needing transportation and not enough drivers.
If you have time to donate, you can help!
- An easy way to make a big difference in someone’s life
- Very flexible schedule – you pick when you can drive, where and how often
- Gas stipend provided
- Our defensive driving training can result in a lower automobile insurance rate
To qualify as a driver, you must have:
- A valid, current Georgia driver's license
- Proof of car insurance
- A clear driving record
- A safe vehicle for transporting an older adult
Senior Citzizens Inc. can provide defensive driving training, which can reduce your personal auto insurance. Besides the wonderful feeling drivers get from helping a neighbor, a small gas stipend is also provided to Sterling Ride volunteers.
A motor vehicle check is conducted annually for all volunteer drivers. This is done at no cost to the driver.
Sterling Rides (912) 236-0363 x143