2017 Rock ‘n’ Roll Savannah Schedule of Events
- Health & Fitness Expo Thursday, November 2 & Friday, November 3 Location: Savannah International Trade & Convention Center Thursday: 3PM – 7PM Friday: 10AM – 8PM
- Marathon/Half Marathon – Race Day – SATURDAY, November 4th, 2017 Start Line: Bay Street & Bull Street Finish Line Festival: Forsyth Park – Drayton Street & Park Ave 7:30AM – Marathon/Half Marathon (time change due to Sunrise)
- 5K – 1 Mile Run – Kids Rock – SUNDAY, November 5th 2017 Start Line: Daffin Park at Grayson Stadium (Closest to East Victory Dr.) Race Times: 1:00PM – 5K Start (Finish in Grayson Stadium) 2:30PM – 1 Mile (timed/scored Start/Finish in same location)
Which roads are closed and when will they reopen?
Real time road closure info will be visible on the free WAZE app, available on all mobile devices.
Several areas are of particular note:
* Drayton Street will be closed to traffic from Park Avenue to East Hall Street from Friday throughout the race to allow for setup of the finish line.
* On Saturday, the area around Forsyth Park, where the races will end and runners usually congregate to recuperate, will be highly congested until roughly 4 p.m.. There may be additional road closures in this area as a matter of public safety.
* Bay Street from Bull to Lincoln streets will experience closures beginning around 3 a.m. Saturday for the build out of the marathon starting area.
* Victory Drive will remain open through the event but becomes highly congested during the marathon due to increased traffic. Allow for extra time in your commute.
* Skidaway Road will be closed to southbound traffic at Laroche Avenue from 8:30 a.m. until about 2:45 p.m. Residents will be able to access Truman Parkway north and south from Delesseps Avenue
* Traffic on SUNDAY will be diverted in the Daffin Park and Washington Avenue areas during the annual 5k and 1-mile races.
* SCMPD is aware of recent events and has security plans in place to address potential incidents.
More info here
ROAD CLOSURE INFO – 1(844) 411-4674