GALAXY NOTE 9 REPORTEDLY CATCHES FIRE IN WOMAN’S PURSE

 According to a lawsuit a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 spontaneously caught fire inside a New York woman’s purse earlier this month. Real estate agent Diane Chung says in her lawsuit she was using the new handset on September 3 when it suddenly became “extremely hot.” Chung stopped using the phone and placed it in her purse but soon heard “a whistling and screeching sound, and she noticed thick smoke” pouring from her purse. Chung says in her lawsuit that she removed the phone by emptying her purse onto an elevator floor, but the fire didn’t stop until a passerby picked up the handset with a cloth and placed it into a bucket of water, the newspaper reports. The incident is reminiscent of the Galaxy Note 7 nightmare Samsung experienced two years ago. In 2016, the Korean electronics giant discontinued the device after a battery flaw caused dozens of the phones to explode or burst into flames.

 

title

Content Goes Here