Traffic will be affected for several hours the morning and afternoon of November 3 as roads are closed for the annual Rock and Roll Marathon.
The following thoroughfares will be affected during the marathon:
· Drayton Street from Park Avenue to East Hall Street will be CLOSED from Friday night through Saturday afternoon.
· Bay Street from Bull Street to Lincoln Street will be CLOSED from Saturday at 3 a.m. until noon.
· Areas around Forsyth Park, including Whittaker Street, Park Avenue and Gaston Street will remain open but will be highly congested until late afternoon.
· Skidaway Road will be closed to southbound traffic at Laroche Avenue from 8:30 a.m. until 2:45 p.m.
· Truman Parkway will be closed southbound from President Street to Delesseps Avenue from Saturday morning through the afternoon. Residents will be able to access Truman Parkway north and south from Delesseps Avenue.
· Victory Drive will remain open through the event but becomes highly congested during the marathon due to increased traffic from closures in the surrounding areas.
· Traffic will be affected on Sunday, November 4 on Washington Avenue and the Daffin Park areas during the annual 5k and 1-mile races.
All roads within the course will be closed during the marathon, a course map can be found at www.runrocknroll.com/savannah. The re-openings of the roads will be staggered beginning at 9 a.m. and will continue through the morning and into the afternoon. Real time road closure info will be visible on the free WAZE app, available on all mobile devices.
No parking will be available at or around the Forsyth Park. Paid parking will be available at the City of Savannah parking garages on a first come, first served basis.