For 58 years, Oklahoma resident Catherine Ritchie has lived in the same home in the Tulsa suburb of Sapulpa. That all changed three weeks ago. She said she was in the bathroom getting ready for bed when she turned around and saw the head of her bed was on fire. Four boys between the ages of 14 and 17 in a nearby home went outside to head for a convenience store and smelled something burning. Then we heard Catherine Ritchie’s smoke alarm go off. Catherine was still inside trying to put the fire. But she quickly gave up, called 911 and hit her emergency call button. Then came another problem: The smoke was so bad she couldn’t see to get out of her room. At about that time the four teens outside jumped into action and tried to break down doors to get inside. One of the boys managed to get through the back door and ran inside, finding Catherine in the hallway, lost in the smoke. Catherine and her heroes made it out safely, and firefighters stopped the flames before they spread.
Content Goes Here