When a woman noticed an injured bobcat on the side of the road she stopped, wrapped it in a blanket, and then put it in the back of the car next to the child seat where her 3 year old was.
When she called Parks and Wildlife to let them know, their warning was: get yourself and your son out of the carr immediately and wait for officials to get there.
Sarah Watson responded to the call and was shocked when she saw the 20-pound bobcat sitting in the SUV. She slammed the door shut and got a trapping device to try to remove the injured animal. The cat's rear legs were paralyzed but when officials tried to remove the cat from the car the bobcat hissed at Watson and tried to fight off her attempts to remove it from the car. She eventually got the animal out, but it had to be euthanized due to its injuries.
Wildlife officials posted this warning on social media;
"See this bobcat? Notice its large teeth? Imagine the claws within its big paws. A #ColoradoSprings woman picked up this injured wild cat and put it in her car where her child was seated! NEVER PICK UP WILD ANIMALS. She was lucky. Please call @COParksWildlife and let us handle."