Be sure your pets do not eat Halloween Candy...or candy wrappers

Halloween candy is a special treat, but only for humans. Pet Poison Hotline's website says that most pets shouldn't be eating chocolate, since it contains compounds that are toxic to pets and can cause many problems-- even death. Dark chocolate is the most dangerous for pets to eat. Also, despite misconceptions, cat are generally lactose-intolerant and might experience an upset stomach or diarrhea after consuming any candy containing milk (including chocolate.) You also shouldn't give your pets grapes or raisins-- both can potentially cause kidney failure in dogs-- and be sure your pet doesn't chow down of any candy containing xylitol, which is an artificial sweetener and is toxic to dogs. Also, be sure your pets aren't running off with your candy wrappers, as eating them can potentially cause a bowel obstruction. 

 

title

Content Goes Here