At most points along the course, pedestrians and bicyclists may cross the course during safe gaps in runners. Please follow the discretion of a traffic controller if present. Most road closures and detours on Saturday will be in effect between the hours of 6:00 am and 3:15 pm. At 6:00 am, Police and event personnel may implement a soft closure along the entire race course. The races begin at 7:30 am, and streets will reopen on a rolling basis as soon as the last participant has passed and all course support materials have been removed. Streets along the earlier miles of the route will open earlier than roads along the end of the route. Residents and businesses located near the race course are urged to plan ahead and to be aware of road closure schedules and alternate access routes.
The following thoroughfares will be affected during the marathon, which begins at 7:30 a.m. Saturday:
· Drayton Street from Park Avenue to East Hall Street will be closed from Friday night through Saturday afternoon.
· Bay Street from Bull Street to Lincoln Street will be closed from 3 a.m. to noon Saturday.
· Areas around Forsyth Park, including Whitaker Street, Park Avenue and Gaston Street will remain open but will be highly congested until late Saturday afternoon.
· Skidaway Road will be closed to southbound traffic at LaRoche Avenue from 8:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Saturday.
· Truman Parkway will be closed southbound from President Street to Delesseps Avenue from Saturday morning through the afternoon. Residents will be able to access Truman Parkway north and south from Delesseps Avenue.
· Victory Drive will remain open through the event but becomes highly congested during the marathon due to increased traffic from closures in the surrounding areas.
· Traffic will be affected from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday on Washington Avenue and the Daffin Park areas during the annual 5K and 1-mile races.
All roads within the course will be closed during the marathon, a course map can be found atwww.runrocknroll.com/savannah. The re-openings of the roads will be staggered beginning at 9 a.m. and will continue through the morning and into the afternoon. Real time road closure info will be visible on the free WAZE app, available on all mobile devices.
No parking will be available at or around the Forsyth Park. Paid parking will be available at the city of Savannah parking garages on a first come, first served basis.
You'll find more HERE