There have been so many offbeat stories coming from the airliines over the past few years, but in this podcast, I talk with iHeart airline analyst (and former airline executive) Jay Ratliff about what's behind those headlines. In this installment:
- a 52 year old Jetblue pilot fails a breathalyzer test. What's next for him?
- A black Delta customer asked to give up her assigned seat and move to the back of the plane for the comfort of two white women complaining of not enough room
- A prank aboard an Alaska Airlines makes life difficult for crew in Orlando
- How are the airlines going after Russia?
- Fuel prices are up, even for airlines, but how are they studying shark sins to save money?
- Why is Southwest Airlines recycling the leather from some of their seats?
- Airlines are moving towards mask-free travel, but what do the flight attendants say?